Coaches Registry Staff
Dr. Francis Ardito
V.P. Curriculum and Product Development
Dr. Francis Ardito has enjoyed a fortunate career for over twenty years. Serving as an author, educator, speaker, and inventor, his areas of expertise include general health and wellness, exercise science, professional coaching, faculty development, and personal safety and self-defense.
Dr. Ardito currently serves as Professor and Department Chair in the Biological and Health Sciences Division at the College of Lake County. Here, he founded the Department of Health and Wellness Promotion, the Center for Health and Wellness Promotion, and the Museum of Health and Wellness. Prior to this, Dr. Ardito was a researcher at the University of Illinois at Chicago and lecturer at UIC’s School of Medicine and Rush Medical School. Frank has won numerous teaching excellence honors, including the University of Texas at Austin’s NISOD National Excellence award.
Outside of academia, Dr. Ardito co-founded the Center for Health and Healing, was awarded a patent for the CorePole functional training apparatus and method, and assisted with the development of the American College of Sports Medicine’s highest level professional credential, the RCEP. He has also worked with numerous organizations including the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Medical Association, American Red Cross, and the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Dr. Ardito has also worked with hundreds of professional and Olympic athletes, including the United States Karate Team and the Chicago Blackhawks. Holding a 2nd Degree Black Belt, Frank was recently featured in the Starlink video entitled, “Safe and Secure in the Academic Environment.”
Dr. Ardito deeply enjoys volunteer opportunities and community service, including work with victims of abuse, urban at-risk populations, individuals with disabilities, and burn-injured youth.
Most recently, Dr. Ardito founded The Wellness Registry, which awards the Consumer Wellness Advocate (CWA)—the wellness equivalent to CPR and the world’s first and only consumer-level certification in community-based wellness.
Dr. John W. Munson
Marketing & Corporate Training
- Professor Emeritus of Health Promotion -School of Health Promotion and Human Development, College of Professional Studies, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- President – Board of Directors, National Wellness Institute
- Senior Consultant, Academic Accreditation- National Wellness Institute
- Board of Advisors, Medical Wellness Association
- Master Trainer – Consumer Wellness Advocates, Vesuvius Press Inc. Phoenix
- Board of Directors – Vesuvius Press Inc.
- Trainer – Personality Resources Inc., New York, Toronto
- Owner – Triple L Associates LLC, Wellness Consulting, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Ph.D. The Ohio State University 1979
M.S. & C.A.G.S. Springfield College 1970
B.S. The Ohio State University 1967
Head Coaching, 18 years - Responsible for recruiting, budgeting, counseling, marketing, organizing and teaching in a variety of varsity programs at five universities, 1967-1985 (Lifetime record 212-82-4). NCAA Division I Head Coach in Wrestling and Lacrosse.
- Acting Associate Dean, School of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics, 1983-84 and 1985-86. Associate Dean 1986-96.
- Created the first academic wellness program in the United States working with colleagues, Dr. Anne Abbott and Dr. Joan North, UW-Stevens Point, 1989.
- Professor of Health Promotion, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
- Associate Dean, School of Health Promotion and Human Development July 1, 1996 to 2002.
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Board of Trustees - National Wellness Association, appointed 1990
- Fellow, Association for Worksite Health Promotion, inducted 1994.
- Elected to National Wellness Institute, Circle of Leadership 1995
- Vice President for Education – National Board, Association for Worksite Health Promotion 1994-96.
- Past President - Association for Worksite Health Promotion Region IV (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky) 1997
- Chair - Association for Worksite Health Promotion Undergraduate National Standards Taskforce 1996-2001.
- Founding Member- Medical Wellness Association, 2002. Board of Advisors
- Taskforce chair charged with starting nationwide student chapters in the National Wellness Institute, 2002-2004.
- Taskforce chair, National Accreditation of Undergraduate Health Promotion/Wellness Programs, 2004-2008.
- Board of Directors – National Wellness Institute 2011-2016
- Distinguished Medical Wellness Association Ambasador, March 2014
- Co-President – National Wellness Institute Board of Directors June 2014-2016
- Board of Directors – Vesuvius Press Incorporated 2014